Do you suffer from headaches? Unfortunately, you are not alone: 90% of Americans suffer from headaches on an occasional or regular basis. Often, headaches seem out of our control, and we feel like victims. That doesn't have to be the case. There are many different techniques that you can utilize in your daily life to minimize your risk of getting headaches – to decrease both the rate of occurrence and the severity.
Many of these strategies have to do with the way you go about your workday. Your job may be "a headache," literally. The good news, though, is that you can make adjustments, as listed below. No one should have to live in constant pain.
5 Headache Prevention Techniques on the Job
Here are five strategies you can use to alleviate headache pain and prevent occurrences in the workplace:
- Stay Hydrated & Reduce Coffee – Be sure to drink plenty of water. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. Be sure to avoid caffeine as well, because it has a dual impact: the caffeine itself causes headaches, plus it's dehydrating.
- Reduction in Salt – Salty foods, similarly to coffee, work in the opposite direction as hydration.
- Bathroom Break Stress – Call for backup as possible and generally prioritize trips to the bathroom. Blocking that urge can create headache-powered stress.
- Avoid the Extremes – Bright lights and loud noises are a frequent cause of headaches. Change the brightness settings on your computer monitor. You can also get an anti-glare device to reduce eyestrain. If the problem is noise, find out about moving to a new location.
- Ergonomics – One of the primary causes of headaches is that your nervous system is having difficulty communicating. An ergonomics strategy can help your body function properly while seated at a desk. You want everything at right angles – knees and elbows – and your back and neck straight. A couple simple tips:
- Get an ergonomic keyboard
- Raise or lower your chair, keyboard, and monitor so you can look straight forward and have your whole body operating at 90°. Use thick books or reams of paper to boost up your monitor as needed.
Integration & Innovation
Want a medical solution? Use our method: MiRx™ Protocol MiRx has been effective on numerous types of headaches – including migraine, cluster, and tension – and alleviates disorders such as trigeminal neuralgia and atypical face pain. We are at the forefront of healthcare integration, combining innovative physical therapy strategies with groundbreaking medication. Get back comfortable, pain-free living through an authorized MiRx provider today.
No video selected.